Where is God When Things Don't Go the Way You Want Them To?

I'll be frank. There's this girl I quite fancy, and she's not in the country. I had been quite hoping that she would return, yet there were also word that she had found a reason to stay put. Just today, I received the news that I was really hoping that I wouldn't hear, that she wasn't coming back.

I know things like this isn't quite your life or death situations where one would kneel in mud under the pouring rain  yelling at the sky in a melodramatic fashion "Why, God, why??!!", but all the same, after having invested so much emotion, it is very gut-wrenching to hear that something isn't going the way you really hope it is. To say that I didn't feel anything would just be me putting up a façade, and would just be a total load of bull.

As hard as it is to see at this point, I have always trusted what the Bible says about God's revealed will for our lives, which I had very interestingly covered at my University College Fellowship at church. Holding on to the Father's promise that He is always in control, and that He uses everything to mould the people that He loves to be more like His Son, Jesus. Knowing first-hand that He is also a loving Father, and not a sadistic despot also helps me in my wrestling match between what I'm experiencing and His promise of a far better reality. That way I know that even when things don't go my way, ultimately, it isn't a bad thing to know that things will always go His way, and that His ways are always the best ways.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: