A Requiem for a Garden


Remember way back in April last year where I was working on a garden project? Well, as you can see from the picture above, it's gone. Closed down, cemented over.

It's been a great eleven months. I've reaped several harvests and learned a few more things about gardening, and also met a few interesting people along the way.

My patrons have gotten a new dog, a Husky, in fact, and it needed housing. To accommodate the new member to the family, they decided to build it's kennel where my garden used to be. Step one involved paving it over.

They have been very kind in letting me play around with the garden, and even financing a large bulk of it. It would be fitting that I should thank them, at least here, for giving me the pleasure of growing stuff in the sterile city. Mr and Mrs Nathaniel, thank you very much.

Now to find me another project to work on.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: