Farewell to SMACC2

My brothers and sisters,


I thank God when I remember that we are all sharing in the Gospel, partners in the service of the Kingdom. I thank God for the way that we have been called together, not by common denominators like hobbies, or educational background, race, or even social economic status, but by the blood of Jesus, for the sole purpose of the demonstration of His immense glory.


I am thankful for the many ways that you have allowed me to glimpse this glory in our service of each other. I am eternally grateful for those who had gone out of their way to befriend me when I was a newcomer, to those who opened up their lives to me, to those who kept me accountable, who grabbed me by the shoulders and shook sense into me when I needed it. I am also thankful for those who have served as Godly role models for parenting and caring for children. You have been my family here in KL, and a source of immeasurable encouragement to me.


If I can be of any encouragement before I part from you, I would want to remind you of the hope that you have received, and continue to stand in, lest your faith be in vain; that Jesus, the Christ died for the sins of His people, and that you have been justified and are being sanctified. It has colossal implications for every sphere and facet of our lives. No area of our lives should go without the power of this news burning through it. As such, continue to go bravely into that dark and messy night of human relationships and be raw and real with each other. Keep breaking past categories. None of that paiseh business. Sharpen each other into Christlikeness, helping each other struggle with sin. Serve each other boldly, holding back nothing. Be the family that Christ has ordained you to be that the World may see and know that you are His disciples.

Soli Deo Gloria.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Unknown said...

These are the thoughts of an innocent child of God which you so humbly expressed into WORDS of endearment. Your loved friends should embrace you with hugs that bond all Fellows-in-Christ together, till His Kingdom come. Shirley and I too, wish you farewell.The Lord destined you to Ipoh for whatever purpose He has designed for you. Do His assignments in manners pleasing to Him and your fruit will tell us God is with you. CHEERS SHIMRON & PTL.